About Day & Zimmermann
Day & Zimmermann is a century-old, family-owned company whose 21,000 employees specialize in construction & engineering, staffing and defense solutions for leading corporations and governments around the world. Operating from more than 150 worldwide locations with 2.2 Billion USD in revenue, Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes. Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, our first work was to develop "Betterment Reports" that helped modernize American factories. Today, we are still in the business of betterment -- maintaining the nation's power infrastructure, protecting American freedoms and driving technological advancements around the world. We do what we say.®
Part of a collaborative team with responsibilities for VMware, Windows/Linux Administration, Cloud computing and Network Engineering. Independently, or with minimal supervision, completes his/her own tasks in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting/supporting the corporate infrastructure networks, servers, storage, and advanced applications. Responsible for supporting the security, availability, recoverability, and performance of storage, server, network, and application IT infrastructure areas. Occasionally participate in an on-call after hours support rotation responsible for responding to support calls after-hours/weekends/holidays.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Uses knowledge of network, server, and cloud-based storage systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Recommends upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment that meets business needs.
- Maintains and improves the availability, security, and performance of corporate IT systems including servers, storage, network devices, cloud-based systems and enterprise applications. Tests and evaluates network systems to resolve issues and make improvements/enhancements.
- Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
- Familiar with standard concepts and best practices in network, server, and cloud-based storage. Relies on experience and judgment to provide technical support and guidance to users.
- Perform system upgrades and incorporate new technologies to the infrastructure minimizing effects on the user experience. Follows all proper communications and change management practices for implementation.
- Work independently, or with minimal guidance, and assist other infrastructure team and IT members to complete projects/tasks as well as individual, team and organizational goals.
- Available to do weekly backup tape rotations
- Supporting daily ops such as monitoring backups
What You Need To Bring To The Table:
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred
- 3-5+ years’ experience designing, installing, configuring, and supporting IT infrastructure
- Microsoft , Cisco, and/or VMWare Certifications preferred
- 3-5+ years’ experience designing, installing, configuring, and supporting Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, VMWare, enterprise storage, enterprise applications, database and messaging platforms
- Solid understanding, knowledge, and experience installing and configuring VMWare and its features including ESXi, CLI scripting, high-availability, vRealize Operations, vSphere and vCenter.
- Solid experience with Windows Server Operating System, VMWare Hypervisor, and enterprise server, storage and networking hardware and software. Solid abilities and knowledge to support Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server Database Server, advanced Microsoft and other third-party technologies. Experience in cloud based IaaS providers; Microsoft Azure preferred. Additional Linux experience is preferred.
- Excellent documentation, communication, organizational skills and time management capabilities required.
- Solid knowledge of industry best practices in IT infrastructure operations and support.
- Trouble shooting servers and storage and advance applications
- Certifications preferred
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.)
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now! Recruiter: James Marshall
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email
, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.