The Athletic Event Coordinator is responsible for field preparations, event set-ups, concurrent event management, and event take-down. They will be responsible for supervising and managing games/events as well as maintaining regular communication with the Director of Athletics. The Athletic Event Coordinator manages critical incidents as necessary and performs special duties as assigned. Must have the ability to work evening shifts and weekends, must have a willingness to work flexible hours based upon events including daytime, evening, weekend and holidays as needed.
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities
• Serves as primary on-site administrator prior to, during and after intercollegiate athletic events and has overall responsibility for the events taking place. Includes monitoring/assisting with venue setup and take down.
• Manages all communication on game days with facility staff, coaching staff, visiting teams, officials, and security as needed
• Works with public safety, emergency responders, facility staff, event organizers, and custodial staff to ensure effective and professional event management.
• Compliance with all NJCAA, Region XIX, and Union County College rules and regulations
• Responsible for hospitality management for visiting teams which includes greeting visiting team, locker room/restroom set up, video hookup, fan seating areas etc.
• Remains visible during all events.
• Works with public safety and reports any hostile/out of control fans.
• Answers questions/request of custodian when necessary.
• Works with athletic trainer and know how to get help if needed.
• Communicate any game disqualifications/ejections with the Athletic Director at the close of the venue via phone/email/written report.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate Degree required.
• Experience with an athletic program either as a player or coach required.
• First Aid and CPR certification will be required, training available
• Previous event management experience preferred.
Competencies and Skills Required
• Computer literate.
• Experience working in a customer service-oriented environment
• Awareness of safety concerns and risk management.
• Ability to provide positive customer service
• Awareness of, and appreciation for, individual uniqueness and diversity.
• Commitment to student development, leadership and teamwork
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for participants
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position’s duties are normally performed in an outside work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
• Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Some exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to walk and sit for extended periods and will be exposed to outside weather conditions; including but not limited to, heat, cold, humidity, rain, and direct sunlight.
• Travel will be required.
Union County College does not discriminate and prohibits discrimination, as required by state and/or federal law, in all programs and activities, including employment and access to its career and technical programs.
Union County College is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Terms of Employment
Part-time hours not to exceed 25 per week. Flexible schedule to meet department needs. Some evening, weekends, and extended hours (evenings) will be required. Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.
About this company
As the oldest community college in New Jersey, UCC has been serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933. The College has maintained its commitment to scholarship by providing a solid liberal arts foundation while, at the same time, developing new programs and courses that meet the challenges of a rapidly developing society.
UCC is focused on ensuring that our programs and facilities are equipped to prepare students for the intellectual and technological demands of the 21st century. All four UCC campuses boast advanced data and voice infrastructures that can support the latest in computer hardware and software. All credit students are offered their own college e-mail accounts through which they can communicate with UCC's outstanding faculty, fellow students, and the vast world of knowledge and information available through the World Wide Web. Distance learning opportunities, such as courses by videotape, are increasing with each semester.
Even more important, UCC has a reputation for providing its diverse student body with a nurturing and supportive environment. Student services from counseling and financial aid to the tutoring provided by the Academic Learning Centers on each campus are in place to ensure student success.
For those wishing to pursue a bachelors degree, the economics of spending the first two years at Union County College coupled with the dual admissions and transfer /articulation agreements that the College has in place, can ease the road to junior year status at a long list of colleges and universities throughout the U.S. While here, students have the chance to participate in a range of activities. These include a five-star chapter of the honor society of Phi Theta Kappa, an award-winning student newspaper, a modern fitness center, and a range of athletic programs. In 1998, the UCC Owls and Lady Owls were the first teams from one college to become the Men's and Women's Garden State Athletic Conference Basketball Champions in the same year.
Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult returning to school after a hiatus, an employee seeking additional training or a new career, Union County College can be your . . . access to the 21st century!
Location/Region: Cranford, NJ