As Coaches Aide, you are responsible for reporting to the Head Coach and/or the Director of Athletics and are responsible for the following:
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities
• Responsible for assisting in all aspects of the assigned athletic program.
• Fostering an environment that supports and encourages each student-athlete to graduate
in a timely fashion.
• Assists the Head Coach in developing and maintaining a competitive won/loss record.
• Assists in developing and maintaining the skill, discipline, and integrity of the team during games and practice.
• Adheres to the athletic policies and protocol of Union County College and the eligibility requirements and rules and regulations of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
• Responsible for driving the van including attaining and maintaining full positive status on the authorized drivers’ list, following the school’s van policy. Also adhere to all driving laws as well as all EZ-Pass laws.
• Must read, acknowledge, sign, and follow the NJCAA Coaching Principles, Coaching Creed and the NJCAA Coaching Excellence Contract.
• Must represent Union County College, The Garden State Athletic Conference and Region XIX in a positive manner. Conduct yourself and the team in such a manner as to reflect a positive image for the team and Union, both on and off the playing arena.
• Conducts self and team with a high degree of moral integrity as representatives of Union at all public appearances, whether on or off campus.
Associate Degree required.
Coaching and or playing experience required.
Competencies and Skills Required
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Position involves both inside sedentary work and physical activity outside on the field in coaching and training situations with student athletes.
• Involves strenuous exercise of muscles used in stooping, bending, running, throwing, pitching and batting.
• Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors in conditions including loud and constant noise. There is exposure to natural atmospheric conditions such as sun, rain, wind and dust, etc.
• Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag approximately 50 pounds.
• Travel is required.
Union County College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, disability, handicap or other legally protected status in its provision of employment, education, and activities, or other services.
Union County College is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
============== Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons. ==============
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes twenty medical plans to choose from including PPO, HMO and HD plans offered by BC/BS and Aetna, three dental plans including two PPOs and one DMO offered by Delta Dental of NJ, and a pension plan with seven investment carriers. We also offer twenty vacation days, ten paid holidays, and a ten week summer work schedule which allows the college to close on Fridays. Other additional benefits include gym privileges, tuition remission for credit and non-credit courses at Union County College, and tuition reimbursement for an approved degree program at an accredited college or university.
Terms of Employment
Seasonal, per individual contract. Part-time hours not to exceed 25 per week. Flexible schedule to meet department needs. Some evening, weekends, and extended hours (evenings) will be required. Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.
About this company
As the oldest community college in New Jersey, UCC has been serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933. The College has maintained its commitment to scholarship by providing a solid liberal arts foundation while, at the same time, developing new programs and courses that meet the challenges of a rapidly developing society.
UCC is focused on ensuring that our programs and facilities are equipped to prepare students for the intellectual and technological demands of the 21st century. All four UCC campuses boast advanced data and voice infrastructures that can support the latest in computer hardware and software. All credit students are offered their own college e-mail accounts through which they can communicate with UCC's outstanding faculty, fellow students, and the vast world of knowledge and information available through the World Wide Web. Distance learning opportunities, such as courses by videotape, are increasing with each semester.
Even more important, UCC has a reputation for providing its diverse student body with a nurturing and supportive environment. Student services from counseling and financial aid to the tutoring provided by the Academic Learning Centers on each campus are in place to ensure student success.
For those wishing to pursue a bachelors degree, the economics of spending the first two years at Union County College coupled with the dual admissions and transfer /articulation agreements that the College has in place, can ease the road to junior year status at a long list of colleges and universities throughout the U.S. While here, students have the chance to participate in a range of activities. These include a five-star chapter of the honor society of Phi Theta Kappa, an award-winning student newspaper, a modern fitness center, and a range of athletic programs. In 1998, the UCC Owls and Lady Owls were the first teams from one college to become the Men's and Women's Garden State Athletic Conference Basketball Champions in the same year.
Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult returning to school after a hiatus, an employee seeking additional training or a new career, Union County College can be your . . . access to the 21st century!
Location/Region: Cranford, NJ