Position at MediaCom
Associate Director, Media Operations (Budget and PO Management)
About the Role:
The Media Operations Budget and Management lead is the liaison between the clients, agency leads (Operations, Planning , Client Finance and Buying). The Media Operations Associate Director ensures that the overall compliance objectives are met and are effectively communicated amongst the various teams working on a particular business.
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning and Strategy, Media Buying, Account Management, and the agency environment
- Point of Contact for the m ain agency client lead to deliver all financial reporting and tracking requirements from media authorization through year end accrual
- Involved in all communication across the portfolio to ensure the client's needs/optimizations are fully met
- Interact on a daily basis with both Planning and Investment teams
- Responsible for agency-wide templates such as budget roll-ups, billing, PO tracking, etc.
- Manage media teams to deliver timely reporting and reconciliation
- Ensure that each department (planning, buying, etc.) is streamlined to effectively meet the client PO and financial requirements
- On-going analysis of media spend and PO tracking
- Responsible for the evaluation of quarterly, actual, and on-going projections
- Strong Project management skills
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Your People Skills:
- Strong client management communication skills
- Time management and ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability and desire to help lead, and a willingness to work with and teach others within the group
- Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching team members
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the immediate team
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong communication and analytic skills
- Proficiency with Excel skills, including Pivot Tables
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Able to work on both Global and Local initiatives
- Strong numbers focus
- Thorough understanding of media, advertising, and marketing
- Capacity to anticipate the client/auditor's needs
- 3-5 years related experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world ' s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that ' s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we ' ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom! www.mediacomusa.com https://www.facebook.com/MediaComUsa/ https://twitter.com/MediaComUS https://www.linkedin.com/company/mediacom
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
Location/Region: New York, NY