POSITION: Crossing Guard, Part Time
(This position is scheduled from 7:00 AM to 9 AM and from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday )
MAIN LOCATION: Brandywine Heights Middle School, Topton, PA
SUPERVISOR: Site Supervisor
- Works with Building Administrator to ensure school safety requirements are met for children crossing the street
- Directs school children to cross the street at the crossing signal
- Controls traffic with the assistance of a hand held stop sign
- Wears safety vest while directing traffic and/or crossing children
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be dependable & punctual
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, to read ,write and communicate effectively, to organize tasks, to handle multiple tasks, and to exercise good judgement
- Ability to follow a schedule
- Ability to establish & maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others in a school setting
- Adequate visual and auditory acuity to monitor students
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with daily routines
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to complete necessary work physically and cognitively
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to move about the work area to access materials
- Must be able to travel to and from job-related locations as necessary.
- Must be able to withstand changes in environmental conditions inside and outside of the work facility, and to adapt to these changes.
- Must be able to access all work areas and locations.
- Must be able to lift as required.
Information listed above is subject to change.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This position description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Items may be added, modified or deleted (or the position itself) at any time as is deemed necessary. The employee in this position will be required to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor(s).
Location/Region: Emmaus, PA