$13.04 per hour, 40 hours per week
This position is scheduled from 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM (Mon - Fri)
General Function: Performs custodial work required for the routine cleaning and upkeep of buildings, assigned equipment. Performance must be done in a satisfactory manner and in a reasonable amount of time.
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent.
ADA Specifications: Must be able to communicate verbally. Work is performed primarily in an internal environment. Must be able to stand, crawl, crouch, and bend/twist from a stationary position for substantial periods of time. Able to walk sustained period of the workday throughout the building. Able to hear with 40 decibel loss maximum and see with near acuity of 20 inches or less with normal depth perception, color vision, field of vision, and accommodation. Climb to height of 10 feet or more, balancing on ladder, scaffolding, and catwalks. Exposure to various physical hazards and atmospheric conditions that may affect respiratory system and/or skin. Able to stoop repetitively and twist the body from a stationary position and reach. Able to push and pull objects weighting up to 50 pounds and use of fingers to pick, feel, reach, and grasp objects. Lift up to 75 pounds with a height up to 30 inches on a repetitive basis. Dollies are available to assist with weights in excess of 75 pounds. May climb 12 feet stepladder occasionally to access high areas to clean, such as when washing windows. Requires use of both hands when operating scrubber/buffer machinery and when making repairs. May perform fine manipulation when making general repairs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mop, scrub, clean, and disinfect classrooms, offices, lavatories, locker rooms, corridors, walls, etc.Wax and polish floors, furniture, and other surfaces.
- Remove and renew floor surface finishes as directed by Custodial Supervisor.
- Empty wastepaper baskets and dispose of trash.
- Clean exhibit cases, doors, fixtures, and glass surfaces, including windows, doors, and showcase glass.
- Sweep and clean sidewalks.
- Remove snow/ice from sidewalks, steps, and parking areas as directed by the Custodial Supervisor. Overtime may be necessary to achieve this.
- Move furniture and equipment.
- Perform necessary tasks to insure building security.
- Assist in the distribution of supplies and the loading and unloading of supply vehicles.
- Responsible for basic upkeep of cleaning equipment, i.e. scrubbers, burnishers, wet/dry vacs, floor vacs, etc.
- Report any safety problem on prescribed form to the Custodial Supervisor and perform any necessary tasks to insure safety of all occupants in buildings.
- Follow proper safety procedures and regulations in the performance of duties, handling of chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Know location of the Right-To-Know compliance materials and how to use this information.
- Must have knowledge of location of asbestos containing materials (ACM) and report any deterioration of ACM to the Custodial Supervisor or the school-designated Asbestos Program Manager.
- A specific list of tasks and task guidelines to be performed by each custodian will be developed by the Custodial Supervisor. This list of specific duties will be reviewed with the custodian at evaluation conferences and/or at the initial training phase for new employees.
- Set-up and clean up after all school related activities and outside groups that use the school facilities. Overtime may be needed.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Custodial Supervisor, Contract Manager, or Client.