Atlantic Health System is seeking a visionary leader and innovator to drive healthcare technology innovation.
The position reports to the Sr. VP/Integrated Care & CEO Hospital Division and will work closely with the CEO and senior executives to provide the Information Technology infrastructure, support and digital strategic planning that serves the current and future needs of the organization.
Scope of this position includes leading ISS resources in
- Ensuring stable IT infrastructure, network and usability to ensure caregiver connections to provide effective and efficient care
- Driving system wide technical strategy and advancement
- Collaborating with operational teams to build improved system processes across the entire enterprise
- Supporting a data driven decision making environment
- Advancing telemedicine technology
- Ensuring cyber-security
- Recruiting and retaining the best talent
- Initiating and facilitating innovation
- Implementing a new comprehensive ERP system
Atlantic Health System made a significant investment in analytics and data science. In addition to a $200 million investment in Epic, they have developed an Enterprise Data and Analytics Platform.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortunes Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For list. We believe you'll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our team members.
The VP, Chief Information Officer (CIO) will work with a cross disciplinary team to develop a strategic information and technology plan and vision that will allow Atlantic Health to use technology to execute on its clinical, operational and financial goals. This individual will be a visionary, insightful and inspiring executive leader, capable of attracting, retaining and retraining the appropriate team needed to exceed expectations.
The CIO must be capable of attracting, retaining and retraining a team that is highly motivated and enabling the move to a healthcare delivery model that has a 360-accountability structure. Experience is building and managing matrix teams with cross functional rewards and accountability.
The CIO will support the healthcare delivery system and the broader Clinically Integrated Network in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized clinical and business operations to support a consumer centric and cost beneficial, value-based enterprise-wide IT operation.
Additionally, the CIO will:
- Deliver relevant insights to drive key decisions related to technology solutions, systems, data and infrastructure required to support the enterprise strategic plan.
- Develop an IT and data analytics strategy that aligns with the enterprise strategy.
- Design forward thinking solutions to build and expand digital health and mobile health platforms
- Assess the “as is” state of software applications, IT infrastructure and data analytics/informatics capabilities with an eye towards maximizing a ROI for the enterprise.
- Develop the execution plan for required technology and data infrastructure from the IT strategic plan.
- Execute the IT and data strategy in alignment to meet the timetable of the business requirements.
- Assess and decide on the appropriate strategy for build, buy and/or a combination for the technology solutions acquired to support the business strategy.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, physicians, caregivers, vendors, and other key stakeholders within the health provider ecosystem to ensure focused driven results.
- Create a IT and data governance structures and processes that ensure a continuous process improvement/monitoring for improving data quality and security.
- Focus on the delivery of cost-effective solutions to support the business strategy that can demonstrate a ROI that aligns to the corporate financial goals.
- Design and plan the appropriate change management processes.
- Design and implement the appropriate enterprise wide cyber/data security strategy for the enterprise.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in building and managing effective IT service teams that have the critical skills of innovation, industry and solutions/applications needed to run the enterprise business operations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in Health/Hospital Administration, Public Health, or Business Administration, is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage complex, multi-dimensional healthcare transformations or similar experience in other related industries.
- Demonstrated ability to run the existing business to support the business today while concurrently designing and planning the new IT strategy, execute the strategy without disrupting the business as usual.
- Experience in using vendors as strategic partners and not transactional vendors, including the ability to explore joint commercialization opportunities.
Please contact: Amber Almeida – firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Location/Region: Morristown, NJ (07960)