The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA Counseling Service – South Shore location is seeking a Counselor who, under the supervision of theProgram Director, will be responsible for providing care to a designated caseload, including provision of direct individual, group and family sessions. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordination of specialized program services and case management of caseload.
- Conduct screenings, assessments, determine appropriate level of care, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
- Facilitate sessions including group, individual, family, crisis intervention, and referrals.
- Manage census administration, retention of cases, family support, fee collection, and outreach presentations.
- Coordinate care for designated caseload, including completing ongoing reporting, outreach, referrals, and collaborating with professionals working with the caseload.
- Maintain contract and regulation compliance,fulfillclinical standards and best practices and all related documentation.
- Will serve as Manager-On-Duty and/or alternate clinician when necessary.
- Serve as task supervisor to interns/volunteers when appropriate.
- Will provide guidance to the staff in the absence of an on-site supervisor, when requested.
- Participate in team meetings, individual and group supervision.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Meet OASAS requirement for Provisional QHP Status with ability to progress to QHP or CASAC status within 3 years; Meet OASAS requirement for CASAC, CASAC Level 2, or QHP preferred.
- Minimum two years of substance misuse treatment experience.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, and child welfare system
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing,co-occurring disorders, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Trauma Informed Care.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must be available to work Tuesday-Saturday and some weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Counselor” to email@example.com or to:
Staten Island YMCA Counseling Service – South Shore location
Attn: JoAnne McKernan
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WHERE THERE'S A Y, THERE'S A WAY
Location/Region: Staten Island