A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham in Eatontown, NJ is seeking a Prototype Assembler to support
our new product design efforts as well as our existing production
activities. The individual will work as a member of a product
design team, interfacing internally with Engineering, Drafting,
Quality Assurance, Material Planning, Purchasing and Production as
well as externally with our suppliers and customers. The
individual will build prototypes and aid in the development of new
products by working with Engineering and Production to make the
designs manufactural and cost competitive. This position is located
in Eatontown, NJ and no relocation is available.
- Assembles electronic components, assemblies, sub-assemblies
and modules by working from samples, visual aids, prints,
routing instructions and process sheets using appropriate
tooling and machinery.
- Assembles parts using solder, fasteners and epoxies in the
build-up of electronic assemblies Identify, evaluate, qualify
and document critical microwave material and components;
coordinate component selection, procurement, inspection and
- Verifies results to ensure conformance with requirements and
performs rework as needed.
- Performs mechanical assembly operations in the build of
electronic assemblies using standard measuring tools and
- Performs microelectronic assembly operations such as
installation of capacitors, resistors, die or other electronic
- Cleaning parts and electronic assemblies per work
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School diploma (or equivalent).
- 5 years’ experience working as an assembler.
- 5 years’ soldering experience (JStandard).
- 2 years’ experience with microelectronic wire bonding.
- Able to interpret and understand instructions on process
sheets, prints or route cards and technical drawings (i.e.
ECO’s, parts lists and PRN’s).
- Must be able to work under a microscope for long periods of
- Ability to use hand tools (tweezers, cutter, pliers, forming
tools, screwdrivers, etc.).
- Ability to use measurement tools such as scales, micrometers
- Ability to mount components using epoxies.
- Ability to use a computer for labor and parts traceability
- Ability to work in a team setting focusing on continuous
- Assembly experience in a defense contractor, aerospace, or the
- Soldering experience should be current; current JCERT
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Location/Region: Eatontown, NJ