We are looking for a full-time Studio Director to join our client in building a team in NYC. The Studio Director manages the execution, production, and on-time delivery of a segment of the end client's in-house agency. The Studio will handle both end-to-end projects that fall within this scope of services, as well as the finishing and adaptation work needed to complete and extend the Creative team’s original concepts. The Studio Director role is rooted in people management, people development and operations management. The Studio Director must be deeply familiar with high-volume creative studio team processes and requirements. He/she is responsible for positioning the creative team for success by ensuring the right talent, processes and systems are in place.
Job Title: Studio Director
Studio Director Responsibilities:
- Working with client Operations Director Direct the daily functions of Studio department, ensuring high performance through the implementation of operational, staffing, organizational and professional development best practices.
- Create and promote a culture that values talent, collaboration, autonomy and accountability where every contributor strives to elevate these standards over time, driving the performance of the entire team.
- Develop, coach and mentor direct reports through formal and informal feedback, including annual performance reviews.
- Partner with the Resource Manager to determine and implement teambuilding and inspirational programs.
- Provide strategic business advice and insights on best business practices to client-side upper management.
- Ensure team is compliant with all Client branding, operational, legal and regulatory mandates, policies and guidelines.
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities for operational improvements.
- Lead the assessment, design and implementation of group processes, policies and procedures best suited to the needs of the department, the department’s internal clients, and the greater corporation as a whole.
- Capture and analyze Studio metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Organize and lead monthly Studio Operations meetings
- In partnership with the Talent Management, forecast resource needs and lead the assessment and selection of new talent to join the team
- Maintain high utilization of the contracted resources by managing overtime and the use of flexible staff to cost effectively meet department needs
- Ensure that all contract employees are on-boarded and receive the tools/training needed to begin their engagement
- Responsible for ensuring seamless adherence to client workflows
- Responsible for ensuring proper job intake—that project scopes are clearly defined with proper job specifications, estimates and timelines.
- Identify and align key resources to execute on the business needs while adhering to clearly defined utilization metrics & expectations.
- In partnership with corporate IT, manage team hardware and software requirements and assignments
- Ensure project management tool adoption and utilization by the Studio team
- In leadership of and in partnership with Team Leads, ensure all delivery dates are met, revisions are handled in allotted number of review rounds, kept in-scope and key stakeholders are brought in at the correct points in time to review the work as necessary
- In leadership of and in partnership with Team Lead, lead project management strategy, initiation and execution within the Studio
Studio Director Requirements:
- BA in design, communications or related field of study from an accredited college or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of creative, communications and/or marketing services experience
- Minimum of 4 years in-house/corporate creative or communications department management experience
- External agency experience preferred
About this company
The BOSS Group is an award-winning creative staffing agency matching top-level creative, marketing and digital talent with companies nationwide.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10001)