PARKING * Patrolling and enforcing the city parking ordinances
The Charles Town Police Department is accepting applications for a non-
civil service position of Parking Attendant.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. Applicants need to have a valid driver's license, good communication skills and the ability to learn meter maintenance.
* Issuing parking citations
* Frequent public contact requiring tact, firmness, and decisiveness
* Determining whether vehicle(s) need to be
* Ensuring parking time
limits are not exceeded
* Appearing in court at hearings regarding contested parking citations
* Collecting and preparing revenue from parking meters for deposit
* Performing diagnostic checks, repairing internal parking meter
components, and maintaining parking meters
* Assisting with lobby reception/administrative duties while at the
* Assisting with traffic
direction during parades/
* Starting salary begins
Benefits include health, dental, and vision
insurance as well as WV State Retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Applications can be
obtained at the Charles Town Police Department, located at 661 South George Street, Suite 100, Charles Town, WV or downloaded from the department's web site:
All applications must be returned to the Charles Town Police Department by 4:30pm on Friday,
August 30, 2019.
The City of Charles Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
provided by The Journal
Location/Region: Charles Town, WV (25414)