Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located on the Boardwalk, just steps from the beach. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971 and is planning its 50th anniversary. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
Under the supervision of the Director of the SRI&ETTC, the Associate Director assists in the management and operation of the SRI&ETTC facility and its activities which includes the design and delivery of more than 500 program and events each year to support the professional development needs of preK-12 educators, as well as management of the SRI&ETTC’s membership consortium (currently 94 schools and agencies).
- Assist the Director of the SRI&ETTC to develop, implement, evaluate and assess a comprehensive professional development program for educators and community members of five counties – Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Ocean and Monmouth;
- Assist the Director by coordinating a training calendar, schedule of activities, workshop locations, hardware and software requirements and licensing procedures;
- Manage the development of both synchronous and asynchronous distance learning opportunities for professional development activities;
- Schedule and assess contract services delivered to consortium members;
- Attend county and statewide meetings and represent the SRI&ETTC at meetings when necessary;
- Assist with fundraising, contracts and grant management;
- Maintain a user-friendly, hands-on demonstration center that includes multimedia hardware, distance learning components and library of software;
- Maintain a high level of competence in technology use and instruction;
- Coordinate monthly mini-conferences and two annual conferences;
- Manage the development of shared digital services and bulk licensing agreements among consortium members for software and online web services;
- Manage the development of the Center for 21st Century Teaching and Learning at the SRI&ETTC;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Southern Regional Institute and ETTC in order to achieve the goals and priorities set by the School of Education and the SRI&ETTC Steering Committee.
- The ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in K-12 educational administration and/or design and delivery of PD programming for K-12 educators
- Significant experience in deployment and assessment of hardware and software in instructional settings
- Experience in development and delivery of online professional development and web-based tools and applications
- Experience in database design and management
- Experience in digital marketing
- Significant level of experience in technology use and instruction
Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive university benefits package.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited tothe prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
About this company
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Location/Region: Galloway Township, NJ