Bumble Bee Seafoods has created an exciting new position for a passionate, high-energy sales leader that will sell open capacity in our Cape May, New Jersey facility through multiple channels, new product development and better utilization of the current assets. The facility has been operational for 40 years and produces several national brands. The incumbent will assist the business in selling idle capacity for current canned and glass products as well as evaluate the potential for new packaging and product formats. The priorities of the newly created position will be to find, grow and develop current and new customer opportunities. The incumbent will report to the General Manager of the New Jersey facility and become a team member of the factory and will work closely with factory finance, R&D and production.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
· Develop new co-pack sales opportunities for the Cape May production facility in new market segments through trade shows, cold calls, market research and field visits
· Accountable for P/L performance of new initiatives
· Support the exploration of new third-party arrangements that ensure continued viability of Cape May plant.
· Identify new products that can be run on existing equipment that will enable growth in facility sales
· Track the earned value of new product throughout the product life
· Capture attributes that will help support improved marketing messaging
· Results oriented sales representatives of unquestionable moral and ethical foundation
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to forge immediate and long-lasting relationships
· Proven management of the sales process from prospecting to closing of target accounts
· Ability to earn high margins through creation of value for our customers
· Self-starter, highly motivated, accountable, disciplined and can manage time effectively
· Operate in a team-based environment working effectively with internal departments
· Ensure effective and efficient time and expense management when traveling for the company.
· Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards in regards to business dealings with internal and external customers
· 2-5 years sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment of identifying, following up and developing opportunities for business growth. Previous food industry experience highly desired and a plus.
· Minimum of a BA or BS in Business or Marketing
· Ability to sell and build strong business relationships and interact with clients of all levels
· Independent self-starter able to take initiative and deliver high results
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with customer service, outside sales, territory management, self-confidence, client relationships, prospecting skills, negotiation and presentation skills
About Bumble Bee Seafoods
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee's mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resumes to
Bumble Bee Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location/Region: Cape May, NJ