Position Summary and Objective
The Developer provides logistical, programmatic and administrative management for Communities of Hope and Hope Centers including Hope Center identification and development, leadership development, shared services coordination, fundraising support and management of Hope Center locales.
About A Future With Hope
A Future With Hope is a non-profit that was established by the United Methodist Church of Greater New Jersey in 2012 with four pillars to empower communities: Relief, Repair, Rebuild, Renew. Communities of Hope and Hope Centers are primary strategies to achieve this vision.
About Communities of Hope
Communities of Hope walks with communities to identify their assets and develop strategic plans for community transformation. To learn more about Communities of Hope, please watch this video: https://vimeo.com/151684757
About Hope Centers
Hope Centers are local community organizations inspired by a United Methodist congregations to provide services such as youth education, housing, food distribution, and social services.
As a result of this position, the following will occur
- A shared service model will be implemented in conjunction with the Greater New Jersey United Methodist Church staff.
- Five new Hope Centers will be onboarded in 2017.
- Ten congregations and communities will undergo Communities of Hope training.
- Grants for funding Hope Centers will be identified and a process implemented for application.
- Do the right thing to recruit and equip transformational leaders who will change their communities by developing Hope Centers to transform the world.
- Implement programing according to the strategic objectives of Communities of Hope and Hope Centers.
- Manage Hope Center pilot development involving deadlines and milestones.
- Coordinate shared services between Hope Centers and the non-profit corporations of the United Methodist Church of Greater New Jersey.
- Evaluate Hope Center performance and determine course corrections.
- Lead and assist in Communities of Hope Training.
- Identify and cultivate Hope Center fund raising initiatives.
- Share and learn best practices with colleagues.
- Christ-centered and Christ-like
- Open to listening and learning from others faith experiences who have different theological views;
- Accepting and inclusive of people of other races and cultures
- Joyful in spirit
- A self-starter
- Cooperative, collaborative, committed to the vision, mission, beliefs and values of GNJ
- A person of moral integrity and strong work ethic
- Committed to excellence
- Ability to motivate and influence people to achieve positive results
- A team player
- Ability to mentor and coach
- A strategic thinker
- Comfortable and confident interacting with diverse groups
- A strong planner, administrator and communicator
- A warm assertive management style
- Planning with the end result in mind
- Ability to effectively lead cross functional teams
- Effective and efficient in performing administrative tasks
- Timely in completing tasks
- An effective communicator – both written and oral
- Proactive in following through
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
Three or more years of experience with faith-based non-profits, community development or related fields.
Location and Travel:
The position will focus work in the Southern and Central region of New Jersey including the communities of Trenton, Camden, Atlantic City and Asbury Park. Some evening and weekend responsibilities as well as some travel within the Greater New Jersey Region. A Future With Hope’s offices are located in Neptune, NJ.